Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Daddy CAN Curse

This morning CW and I were listening to the radio when one of the DJs said the word "ass". Immediately, CW says, "That's a bad word. You aren't suppose to say bad words. It's bad to curse." I was elated that he knows what to say, but the next few comments were shocking.

Here is the conversation:

Me: Yes, CW! You are not suppose to curse.
CW: It's bad to curse. I am not going to curse, BUT daddy can curse.
Me: Why is it okay for daddy to curse?
CW: Daddy can curse when he wants. He likes to curse. He is the only person who can curse.
Me: Can mommy curse?
CW: No. Only daddy when he wants to. He likes to curse. He's good at it. (Begins to laugh hysterically)


I didn't have a response. I didn't even know what to say. The good side: He knows he shouldn't curse and he will get into trouble if he does. The bad side: He thinks that it is okay for his daddy to curse whenever. (MAYBE IT'S NOT A BAD THING)


This conversation with my son demonstrated how much CW idolizes and respects his father and his actions. I am glad that he has a male role model and wants to be like him. (Even though, CW is already a MINI HIM)

No comments:

Post a Comment