Monday, August 13, 2012

Like Mother, Like Son

We all know that CW  is a smaller version of his father. He walks, talks, plays, and even laughs like him. Imagine my (slight) disappointment. I would like my son to have some of my traits too. And as soon as I was beginning to lose hope my son begins to remind me of ME!

In the past week, I have seen the dramatic side of CW. (Anyone who knows me should know that I am dramatic). When he goes to the daycare at the gym, he begins his day by dropping dead. Yes, my son enters the room and falls to the ground. He stays there for a minute or so, then gets up and runs to play Mario (a video game they have at the center). Most importantly, my son showed the "true actor" in him when he cut his bottom toe. This guy put on a show for the masses. He began screaming "I hurt my toe. It hurts so  bad. What am I going to do?". When I began to bandage the cut, he states, "Mommy, this hurts really bad. This is too much pain. I can't bare it. I can't do anything. I'm gonna just sit here and wait for the pain to go away.". (I barely touched it and he began wailing in misery). Throughout the entire process I thought, "This is something I would say and do as a kid.".


Another trait that is similar: LOVE FOR NEEDLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
As a child I loved going to the doctor's office, especially if it meant that I would receive a shot. I loved watching the nurse prepare the needle, finding a suitable vein, entering the needle into the vein, and watching the blood go up into the tube. (I know...I was a weird little kid). CW loves the entire process too. At the allergist on Friday, I thought he would be petrified of the needle, but he wasn't. He just watched the nurse do her job. My son didn't flinch. He didn't even think about crying. I was so proud!!!!!!!!!!

So, yes my son is a mini version of his father, BUT he does have some of my traits AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment