Monday, August 6, 2012

"I DON'T READ, Ma'am" UPDATE

During the middle of summer school I was highly worried about one of my students who refused to read or write. The only thing he would do was  draw (ALL DAY LONG). Well, summer camp ended August 3rd and I am proud to say that I accomplished what I thought was the impossible.


By the end of the summer, this student was able to write his first name, recognize letters and numbers, and wanted to practice writing his letters and numbers. HE is the bright spot of my summer. After being slapped in the face by a four year old, told to shut up, a few colds, and lack of sleep, at least I can say I accomplished one good thing for one student.


I would like to thank everyone who gave me suggestions and feedback on how to help this student. This being able to accomplish so much in 6 weeks is why I became a teacher in the first place.

First Blog Post:
http://thelifeofateacherandmother.blogspot.com/2012/07/i-dont-read-maam.html

No comments:

Post a Comment