Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Class of SICKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After an unexpected vacation, I am back at work. Even though I am still under the weather, I came to work with a positive attitude and ready to teach. What did my students come to school ready to do? GIVE ME THEIR COLDS. Yes...98% of my class is sick. They are sneezing, coughing, and constantly touching me with their running noses. I feel like I am getting sick all over again. I know who is the original culprit and of course he notices that I am sick. He stated, "Teacher, did I get you sick?". In my head I thought "Of course you got me sick and my son too." However, my response was politically correct. I stated, "Maybe you did or maybe you didn't. I am not sure.".

Now, you may wonder if CW attended camp today. The answer is: NO!!!!!!! As a parent I realize it is important to keep your child at home if he or she is sick. I hate when I get sick from students, so I wouldn't wish that on any other teacher. It is frustrating trying to teach when you are constantly sneezing and coughing and you have a headache. In fact, I would have taken today off, but I already lost money from Monday and Tuesday. The worst part about teaching summer school: You don't get paid if you don't work.


I know it is difficult to find a babysitter if your child has a cold. At times I have sent CW to school with a cold because I didn't want to bother my grandparents or anyone else. You may be thinking how hypocritical I am and maybe you are right. In the end, I AM bothering CW's teacher with HIS cold, which may lead to the teacher becoming sick as well. But what are my other options?


I just wished there was an easy way to fix this dilemma for all parties involved. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment