Friday, July 20, 2012

Ringworm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is Fun Friday at my camp. We played connect four, had a dance party, and played outside on the black top. When suddenly I notice a ringworm on one of my students. The ringworm was clear as day on her upper arm.

Now, a lot of children get ringworm. It is the territory that comes with being a kid, BUT it isn't alright when a parent sends a child to school with it knowingly. After asking the little girl what was on her arm, she said, "It's a ringworm. My mommy saw it yesterday and said she was going to put ointment on it but she didn't.". WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


In my head, I am thinking that your mother knew you had it and didn't do anything about it. SHE DIDN'T EVEN PUT A BANDAGE ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all know that ringworm can be highly contagious. So, now it is a possibility that others in the class may have it, including myself. I AM SO UPSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am upset at the girl's parents. There was no reason to bring her to camp today, especially without treating the problem.


Parents, please DO NOT send your child with contagious diseases such as pink eye and ringworm to school. You can cause a class epidemic. This type of negligence is hurtful and detrimental to others' health. Please be mindful of others. THAT IS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment