Saturday, July 14, 2012

That's MY Mommy!!!!!!!!

As CW's problem with sharing begins to dwindle away, a new problem has occurred. CW is now completely and utterly JEALOUS of my students and the relationship I have with them.


Since, I am teaching 4 and 5 year old students this summer I decided to put CW in the same camp. I wanted him to continue learning this summer and spend the day with me. Now, I am not sure that was a good decision.


CW is in the class next door and he always finds a way into my room to get a hug, kiss, tell me what he is doing, or discover what I am doing. Oh, that's cute is what you may think and it is. BUT, it isn't cute how he acts towards my students.


My son gets highly upset if one of my students comes near me. "Don't touch my mommy!" is the common phrase coming out of his mouth as of late. A few days ago one of my students said, "I love you, Ms. Alexander". CW overheard and ran to the little boy and told him not to say that again. CW was infuriated, hit the little boy and stated, "Only I can love my mommy. You can't love her. She is mine.". The little boy was so confused and told me that my son was really mean. Reminder, my son is younger than all of the students I teach. Yesterday, he told one of my female students: "That's my mommy and you can't touch her! Get off of her NOW!". The little girl was devastated and walked away on the verge of tears. (I felt so bad for the girl).


I am trying to explain to CW that I am a teacher and my job is to help other kids. I want him to understand that I can comfort and have relationships with other children. I want him to know that I can care for other children and it doesn't mean that I love HIM any less.


CW gave me an angry look as if I took away his favorite toy. Hopefully, the continuous discussions and explanations will help him understand my occupation and love for children and teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment