Friday, July 6, 2012

"I LOVE YOU"

Today one of my students told me that he loved me. AWWWW...THAT'S SO SWEET right?.....No. This four year old is a smart, manipulative child and does everything for a reason. See...he tells me "I love you" every single day. He says that statement when he is in trouble. He is a likable young boy who I can't help but love.  He wants hugs all day long and he really does try his best, but he always finds a way to get into trouble and he never likes to follow directions.

Then, I thought about it. He is almost identical to my son. (They are both wearing the exact same colors today.) BOTH are spoiled by their families. Both are sweethearts who are extremely mischievous and manipulative. CW can be extremely manipulative, especially to family members. When CW gets into trouble, he tries to hug me and says "I love you, mommy so so much." Yes...sometimes I fall for it, but I am now hip to his game. I know what he is thinking and he gets some form of punishment (mostly a stern talking and a timeout).

However, both of these four year old boys make my day. I actually missed my student yesterday when he wasn't at camp. And of course I love my son more than I could ever say. Sometimes the most interesting, entertaining, and lovable kids are the ones who have more imperfections than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment