Monday, July 9, 2012

Sharing Issue Pt. 2

After work I decided to take CW to McDonald's for ice cream and fries. As we sat down to eat, CW began to have an admirer. This admirer said he had a great personality and was a pleasant child. The admirer, an elderly woman began to make conversation with CW. As they continued the conversation she asked him for a fry. (I'm thinking this is not going to be pretty.) To my surprise, he gave her a fry without hesitation. "Here," he says.


What? Did my son just share? Could it be that he is learning?


The admirer was so shocked that he was willing to share with her, a complete stranger. (SO WAS I!) She began to talk about how difficult it is to get children, especially his age to share. (Tell  me about it. Little does she know a week ago CW was pushing kids out of his way so he wouldn't have to share.) She told me to keep up the good work and I was good mother.



Wow! Her compliment made my day. I am always doubting my decisions as a mother and wondering if I am doing the best for my child. It was nice to have a complete stranger compliment CW's behavior and my parenting.


I hope the next time he goes to the gym daycare he will share that Mario video game. Fingers Crossed

2 comments:

  1. Today he's sharing fries with a girl & 15 yrs from now he will be sharing his peen. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. When someone says that your doing a great job as a mother its the best compliment ever!!! I once had a waitress tell me that I have the best behaved 4 and 7 year old that she's ever served, It made me feel great. I'll love for you to follow my site at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete