Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sharing = SUCCESS

Earlier this week I discussed how CW was able to share with a complete stranger at McDonald's. At first  I  thought this was a once in a lifetime moment, but I WAS WRONG!!!!!!! Every since Monday, CW has been sharing everywhere he goes. He is now a nonstop sharer.
 
Before swimming class, CW saw a little boy upset because he couldn't play with CW's toy basketball. As the boys began to cry, CW said, "Hey, we can play together! You want to share?". The two began playing and shared the ball and CW's computer. I was so amazed by how CW has changed in a matter of weeks. A few other kids came over and wanted to play too. "Sure we can take turns." was my son's response. He monitored all the children and ensured everyone had a turn.


At camp CW saw one of my students crying because he doesn't like camp and isn't making any friends. My son says, "It's okay! Hey do you want to play with me. You can share my computer. We can be friends." CW's words and actions were so sweet and compassionate. (Part of me wanted to cry with tears of joy.) I was so amazed and proud of my little sweetie.


This week has been enlightening. I have seen my child who wouldn't share anything with anyone become a considerate young man who shows sympathy, compassion and empathizes with his peers. (Well at least when it comes to sharing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment