Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My Sickness is CW's Sickness

I began teaching Pre-K on June 26th. This is my summer job. My first experience being with children who are 4 and 5 all day long and boy it has been a challenge. Children constantly crying, asking to use the bathroom, pulling down their pants in front of my face, but the most difficult part of teaching Pre-K students: STAYING  HEALTHY.

I am using hand sanitizer, constantly washing my hands. I try to prevent them from sneezing on me. But, after 5 days of teaching I inherited an awful head cold from one of the  kids. I am having difficulties breathing. I have a soar and itchy throat and I am constantly coughing. Between my sinuses and this cold I just want to sleep all day long and try to get better. However this is no longer my priority.


My son NOW has the cold. It began late last night. Hesneezed and coughed all night long. He woke up this morning with a itchy throat and began sneezing on his parents. (He woke up at 6:30am energetically stating, "Mommy I'm Sick".) You would think being sick would slow him down a little bit, but it hasn't. He is a ball of energy that has to be held down to get his nebulizer treatment. He acknowledges that he is sick, but he refuses to let this ruin his 4th of July. He isn't tired and refuses a nap. He wants to continue to run around, wiping his nose, coughing, and saying "Mommy, look at the tissue! I'm SICK!!!!!!".


The worst part is: I feel awful. He is sick because of me and my job. I will continue to indulge his every want and need (only for today). I will continue to let him sneeze and cough on me. I just hope this cold doesn't last for long or gets worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment